1. Because you don’t know when it’s going to happen to you. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen next week, and it could happen in twenty years. But when it does happen, you don’t want to have become so cold-hearted that you can’t receive it.
2. Because if you’re honest, wanting to be numb to the pain that past loves have caused you (or the pain that comes from a lack of past loves), has not made you any happier.
3. Because the different kinds of love you are meant for in your lifetime ought to work alongside each other. If you close yourself off to one, it will probably affect them all.
4. Because even though wanting love can hurt, and it makes you vulnerable and leaves you open to be wounded, it still makes you stronger; the alternative makes you weaker.
5. Because as long as you’re…
View original post 421 more words